Northumberland Wedding Photographers
50 Things To-Do before your Wedding Day
The day you have been looking forward to will soon be here so ......it's time to plan your wedding!
Here at Captured Moments Wedding Photography we have prepared a list to help you on your way.
Take a free copy and cross your jobs off once there done ;0)
Its a busy affair planning a wedding but hopefully this will help take some of the stress out of what to do !!!
So lets start the count down!
12 Months before your Wedding
50. Announce your engagement and have a party.....not a bad list so far!
49. Start thinking of your guest list.....make this is a rough idea to get the size of venue or more importantly budget. Be prepared to edit it down.
48. Select your Bridal Party..........all your friends are going to be wondering who's doing what? So put them out of their misery soon.
47. Agree on a budget........and try to stick with it.
46. 'Save the date'.....I would send save the dates out now as people often book holidays well in advance.
45. Start a note book with all your wedding information in one place or use an app. 'Everynote' is good for capturing ideas.
44. Find your wedding planner.....if that's the way you want to go, but the process is not complicated as you follow this guide.
43. Book your Church or Ceremony location.
42. Book the venue...Get in quick as other brides are doing the same...Check out if they have a Toastmaster!
41. Check out possible accommodation for guests. Let them know whats available.
40. Book your Photographer. I recommend you should meet up and see if you gel and they can provide the type of images you are after. I do a free engagement shoot for this very purpose and let the couple have images for their 'save the date' notices or Facebook accounts.
39. Book a Videographer ....same as above applies.
38. Start thinking about your Honeymoon.
37. Social Media.....get it out there and let everyone know your plans.
9 Months out.
36. Start checking out Wedding Dresses and Bridesmaids outfits.
35. Choose and Order your cake.
34. Book your Wedding Cars.
33. Book your Entertainment.
32. Book your Florist and make your selection.
31. Pick your Church Hymns, music and readings.
30. Select wedding stationery and invitations.
29. Finalise the guest list for your venue.
6 Months out
28. Give Notice of Marriage.
27. Buy wedding rings.
26. Order Wedding and Bridesmaids dresses and Wedding shoes.
25. Mail out invitations......now is the time to let them know if you already have all the toasters you need....think about adding a poem as a nice way to indicate an 'alternative gesture' your guests could provide.
24. Purchase or Hire Menswear.
23. Order Venue Decorations....table tops / Chair covers.
22. Figure out your wedding favours.
21. Book Hairdresser.
20. Finalise catering menu and seating plan.
19. Get confirmation from vendors.
18. Plan the rehearsal dinner.
17. Check your Passport Expiry for Honeymoon. (more on this in my next blog so keep a look out!)
4 Months out.
16. Write your vows.
15. Apply for marriage license.
14. Schedule all fittings and alteration appointments.
13. Arrange Hen night.
1 Month out.
12. Speak with all vendors to confirm details.
11. Get final headcount of all attendees.
10. Finalise floor and seating plans.
9. Pick your first dance song.
8. Have final dress fitting.
1 Week to go.
7. Arrange to collect wedding and bridesmaid dresses....make sure groom and best man have got theirs!
6. Pack for honeymoon.
5. Get pampered.
4. Have rehearsal dinner.
3. Relax and get a good night's sleep!
0 days to go.
2. The big day!
1. Relax and get ready to say "I do!"
Hope this as been of some help and interest.
From Captured Moments Wedding Photography may we wish you good luck on your Wedding Day.
Check out our Packages at
Bye for now and once again good luck.